Raised in Southern Ontario somewhere between Detroit and Montreal, Canadian producer and DJ, Eddie C recently re-located and reconnected with the electronic music community in Berlin. You can regularly hear him entertaining the masses on the dancefloors of the German capital, but he is also a steady traveller, playing his music all over the world. If he is not in the DJ booth, you'll find him in his studio, producing music with his friends as well as dabbling with some cool edits without credits.
So far, Eddie has released three albums on the Japanese label, Endless Flight, as well as a casette tape LP and countless EPs for the likes of 7 Inches Of Love, Barefoot Beats, The Very Polish Cut-Outs and his very own label Red Motorbike.
His own music grooves transcends genre and emcompasses disco, downbeat, cosmic, Balearic, boogie, house, soul, reggae and cool hiphop instrumentals. A sample heavy sound that is always enriched with a playful musicality that goes far beyond the average concept of a track.
When Eddie C was a child he played piano, violin and guitar. At high school he performed in multiple bands, performing many different styles, and in the early 90's he frequented the great Techno parties in Toronto and Detroit to dance the night away. Later in the decade he also had his own radio show that ran for four years. In all that time he has been a passionate record collector and has written music that is filled with knowledge. "I don't really write music with the thought of using it in a DJ set later" he says, instead he writes music from the heart that will resonate with the listener.
His exclusive mix for the EDWIN Music Channel features music from different countries and different times. You'll hear contemporary stuff from the likes of Begin from Manchester and Alek Lee from Tel Aviv, along with old stuff from the Portuguese singer Lena d'Água and French Zouk innovator Jacob F. Desvarieux. All lovingly mixed together for your pure dancing and listening pleasure.
1. Eddie C - Lonely Without You (Endless Flight)
2. Alek Lee - Sfartot (Antinote)
3. Otto Mix - Sahara Sand (Attic Salt)
4. Begin - Cut The Paste (Begin)
5. Shelter - Senhor Zalla (International Feel)
6. Lena d'Água - Jardim Zoologico (Strange Love)
7. Trapped In The Sky - Mori Ra (Tracy Island)
8. ??? - (Edit & Dub Record Tokyo)
9. Shelter - Onna Village (Plaisir Partage)
10. Mushrooms Project - Dirty Bolas (Leng)
11. Jacob F. Desvarieux - Sweet Florence (Endless Flight)
12. Nona Hendrix - Transformation (RCA)
13. The Orb feat. Lee Perry - Golden Clouds Instrumental (Cooking Vinyl)